FreeHookup

Community

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, SO MUCH YOUNGER THAN TODAY,....

Moderator: Sarshet

Forum rules
For your and everybody else's safety, you should not provide contact information on the forum. Violators of this rule could be banned from the community and using FreeHookup. Please click on a person's name or photo to send them a message via FreeHookup.
Post a reply

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, SO MUCH YOUNGER THAN TODAY,....

Postby Jessica on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:30 am

I NEVER NEEDED ANYBODY'S HELP IN ANY WAY..... ok no more song threads after this I swear!!! :roll:

Ok, I have LOADS of things that Ive been too ignorant/lazy to learn and always feel I should get round to doing them. Thought we could use this thread to share our knowledge and educate eachother of simple everyday things we should know.......I'll start.......

THESE R ALL TRUE BUT VERY BAD - I'M APPAULED MYSELF!!!
I don't know the continents?? Is there seven/8 - what are they? :oops:
How many ppl on a rugby/football team?
what are the colours/names of the wires in a plug???
What countries r in Europe?? France, Italy????
how the hell do u change a fraction into a decimal????
How do u go about getting an overdraft???
what the feck is life insurance and how does it work??

plenty more but I don't want to show u all how much of a bubble I actually live in!!

over to you ....PLEASE!! :lol:

Jessica

Re: WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, SO MUCH YOUNGER THAN TODAY,....

Postby Paul on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 am

7 Continents: Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, Antartica

Rugby Union Team 15 Players
Rugby League Team 13 Players
Football Team 11 Players

Blue Wire Neutral
Brown Wire Live
Yellow/Green Earth or Ground

European Countries: Austria Belgium Bulgaria Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Greece Hungary Ireland Italy Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg Malta Netherlands Poland Portugal
Romania Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden United Kingdom

Paul

Postby Jessica on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:13 pm

cheers paul!! god its shocking isn't it :oops:
have to memorise them all now xx

ps where did u learn this stuff coz they definately didn't do this in school - unless i was having a sneaky drag behind the gym at the time :roll:

Jessica

Postby Chocadoodledoo on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi Jess,

European countries keep changing recently, and I haven't looked up the latest, but I know for sure that Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Slovenia and Montenegro are in Europe (countries of the former Yugoslavia). Also some very small ones: Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Vatican City; Switzerland isn't in Paul's list; not sure about others and I can't be bothered to google it now! Some of the former USSR like Moldova might be in Europe now, I'm not sure.

Are you just curious who will answer this? ;)

If Paul doesn't mind me doing a bit more editing: Australasia (Australia plus extra islands) and Antarctica (spelling) :)Please don't accuse me of being a spelling nazi :?
Last edited by Chocadoodledoo on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chocadoodledoo

Postby Jilly on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Were you that annoying kid in the class that had her hand up for every question choc?! :lol::lol:

Jilly

Postby Chocadoodledoo on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:16 pm

No I hated that, Jilly, at every parent's meeting they said I didn't speak up enough. I hated seeming like a know-it-all so I kept quiet :(I just thought there's no point me sticking my hand up, I know the answer, why not let someone else have a go? Can't understand people who are full of themselves really. I got teased about it a lot at home :?so I've never felt any sense of achievement about academic stuff. More like, I only got 99%, why did I get that one wrong?

Chocadoodledoo

Postby Alan Alpha on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:59 pm

times a fraction by 100 like 1/2 = 50 now divide by 100 u get 0.50 1/4 = 0.25
percent its piss easy tho u just divid by 100 :lol:

if its nationwide login online and goto help and overdraft or go in branch and ask...

life insurance is u pay wat ever amonther it asks and on ur death the lump sum u did the contract for gets given to ur kids/whoever u said on ur will etc tho sometimes the payment is nullnvoided by certain types of death

Alan Alpha

Postby Jessica on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:02 pm

thank you thank you thank you!!! c things like this I always ignored because I thought they'd screw my head up???? when u all put it simple like u have done its easy - think I take in info better when I read it rather if someone tells me verbally :)

cheers
ne thing I can help u with or are ya all smart arses!! ;)

Jessica

Postby Chocadoodledoo on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Jess, if someone is trying to sell you life insurance, you don't need it, because you don't have any dependents, so tell them to naff off, it's mis-selling (ie they are being naughty). Life insurance is taken out to ensure that your dependents are provided for in the event of your death. If you don't have any dependents, it's pointless. Banks are always trying to sell financial products like this, they get a huge wodge of profit from it.

An overdraft is what happens when you take more out of your bank account than you have in it. It can be an authorised overdraft, which you have arranged with the bank in advance, or an unauthorised one. Avoid the last one like the plague, you will be charged penalties. The bank should be happy to arrange an overdraft facility for you if your credit record is OK - which means you can go overdrawn if you need to without incurring penalties - but you still have to pay interest on the amount you've overdrawn. Remember banks make their money by encouraging you to owe them money, and charging you for the privilege.

Have a look at money saving expert dot com (no spaces) for good advice about this sort of thing.

Chocadoodledoo

Postby Chocadoodledoo on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah, you can teach me how you come up with these great one-liners all the time!!!

Chocadoodledoo

Post a reply

Return to United Kingdom Singles