Register for a freehookup.dating Account
community help signup login

FreeHookup Dating Community

Why aren't men as loyal as a dog?

Forum rules
For your and everybody else's safety, you should not provide contact information on the forum. Violators of this rule could be banned from the community and using FreeHookup. Please click on a person's name or photo to send them a message via FreeHookup.
Post a reply

Re: Why aren't men as loyal as a dog?

Postby G369 3 days, 3 hours ago

Surely it isn't about how loyal they are, but about why they can't just be honest? Just had my dreams crushed by a guy who kept making plans for our future but wouldn't admit that he was playing around. I had to catch him out big time before he would even talk about it. If men (and women) would just be honest, we'd all get along so much better. Honesty is a mark of respect. Let's face it girls, if you like a man, would you really cut him off because he isn't into monogamy?

G369

Postby Phil 3 days, 1 hour ago

A male dog may be loyal to you ladys. But he will always look around, sometimes find, somtimes conquer, funny you don't tell him off

Phil

Postby The Other Ian 3 days ago

G369 wrote:Surely it isn't about how loyal they are, but about why they can't just be honest? Just had my dreams crushed by a guy who kept making plans for our future but wouldn't admit that he was playing around. I had to catch him out big time before he would even talk about it. If men (and women) would just be honest, we'd all get along so much better. Honesty is a mark of respect. Let's face it girls, if you like a man, would you really cut him off because he isn't into monogamy?

Very good first post.

Id have to agree that honesty is a big part of a relationship as is trust. These are normally co-dependant but sometimes you need to be able to trust someone before you can be 100% honest with them. For example you may have kids or have been abused in a previous relationship you may like or do something a little different but before you can be honest and tell a new partner you have to be able to trust that they will not rush off and put your story on the net (for example) or that they will simply be repulsed by what ever you reveal.
I think we live in a "Instant" society and we sometimes think Love should be as instant as our coffee or our internet connection ETC. Love can take a little bit longer and lots of us need to allow that time for it to grow.

The Other Ian

Postby Ashley 3 days ago

As long as female dogs are around,male Dog will be dis loyal too :)

Ashley

Postby Hamid 2 days, 20 hours ago

G369 wrote:Surely it isn't about how loyal they are, but about why they can't just be honest? Just had my dreams crushed by a guy who kept making plans for our future but wouldn't admit that he was playing around. I had to catch him out big time before he would even talk about it. If men (and women) would just be honest, we'd all get along so much better. Honesty is a mark of respect. Let's face it girls, if you like a man, would you really cut him off because he isn't into monogamy?

Here is Zavoush

Because they are simply not dogs and same way women are not dolls too. Zavoush XXXXXXX . :lol::roll:

Hamid

Postby Dino 2 days, 14 hours ago

Maybe your problem is that you are so used to the dogs that you treat em like dogs. Good luck with that, honey ;)

Dino

Postby Graham 2 days, 12 hours ago

ok, lets skip right past the dog analogies and get straight to the heart of the matter. Trust.
I hear about this sort of thing often and it never ceases to amaze me. or rather should that be amuse.

Sorry about the impending wall of text....

Many women form this opinion of men based on thier past relationships, but then attraction can be a funny thing. Have you considered that you keep attracting / or are attracted to this certain kind of bloke?

Take for example where I currently live (south wales), a pretty shitty place by most comparisons. With no employment and pretty much nothing to do, a large portion of the young men here enjoy modding thier cars and body building, often using roids etc often leading to roid rage and other conventionally anti social habits. BUUUT, they are what is considered to be attractive. So the majority of the girls here spend a lot of time tarting themselves up, dying thier hair blonde and going out with whoever has the biggest muscles / exhaust, bad boy image.

Then they go get themselves mistreated, dumped, cheated on (happens a LOT here) etc, then go whinge about it. Then repeat the cycle until they are in thier late twenties / early thirties, with the children they had in thier late teens looking ten years older than they are. (contraception is not really considered here, less fun apparently)

But it never seems to occur to them that mayby it's thier choice in men that's as much to blame as anything else. After all, you don't buy a can of coke expecting champagne now do you? . Men are pretty straightforeward creatures, we don't go for the whole mind games and subtlety, it's why our telephone conversations are pretty short, we like to get to the point. Often what you see is what you get. Sure there are always casanovas who can fool you with smooth talk, but as the old saying goes,
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Youre unlikely to get what you may consider to be the 'perfect man' simply because the list that most people seem to have about thier perfect match looks like a list of contradictions in the light of day. Tall, good looking, friendly, honest wealthy, intelligent and loyal? come on, how many people have you met that fit those criteria AND are using dating sites. Such people (when they materialise) are always in a state of relationship / just as picky themselves / or have a few hidden issues. So it becomes a case of compromising to some degree, and seeing just how low you can lower that golden pedestal until it becomes realistic.

It's ironic because I know plenty of really good people who can fit most of those but not all, and just can't ever seem to get a relationship. The most common failing is in the looks department as in not being poster standard, which only strengthens that argument of sexual attractivness is still an issue (prior to menapuase I imagine). It certainly is for blokes, and no matter how much people wish they could deny it, it is still true. I'm not saying it has to be the most important aspect, but definately there in some small measure at least at the start of a relationship. Ok, that may be a personal opinion formed on the basis of my age grouping and what I may expect from a relationship. Companionship, mutual care and some pizazz to remind me that I'm not ready for the old folks home just yet.

Additionaly, I know of a few relationships where sex has become an issue that casues the breakup, but not in the most commonly preconcepted manner. Take my last relationship for example. My ex felt she wan't actually getting enough sex, so she went looking elsewhere. Yeah ok, the reasons why that was are my own to deal with, but doesn't change the fact that women can be just as disloyal as you think blokes are, and can actually be pretty similar in many other regards. .

Graham

Postby Crafty 1 day, 3 hours ago

G369, thank you for post. I so agree with you. It sure seems that men can't be honest (loyal) to start with. Playing around is something they were born to do, well so it seems to me. Honesty says a lot about a person. And we sure would get along better being honest to start with. So, guys: Put all your cards on the table and be loyal to loyal women!!! If you just want a fling or play around, say it! Don't lure!

Crafty

Postby Tracy 1 day, 3 hours ago

Ashley wrote:As long as female dogs are around,male Dog will be dis loyal too :)

Have to agree, its not down to gender at all, people will be unfaithful if they want to fullstop!

Tracy

Postby Eric 1 day, 3 hours ago

Loyal as dogs? Ha!!

Dogs do a good job of seperating their loyalty to their owner, and their need to breed. Anyone here tested the loyalty of their bitch when she is on heat? Or their Male mutt when confronted with one? Loyalty goes out the window for the need to bump uglies as much as possible..

I'm much more loyal than that; No one has had to toss a bucket of cold water over me to stop me randomly banging a stranger in the street ;)

Eric

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to Ask a Guy