FreeHookup

Community

What am I missing here?

Moderator: Sarshet

Forum rules
For your and everybody else's safety, you should not provide contact information on the forum. Violators of this rule could be banned from the community and using FreeHookup. Please click on a person's name or photo to send them a message via FreeHookup.
Post a reply

Re: What am I missing here?

Postby Steve on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 am

I guess the true question is do guys really think they NEED to rescue us. Is it a guy thing

Who feels they have to rescue women?

I'm missing someone doing the good cooking! lol ;P

Waiting for the slap!

Steve

Postby Amy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:48 am

I'm missing someone doing the good cooking! lol ;P

Waiting for the slap!

And what's wrong with YOU doing the cooking??? .....

and i'm not slapping coz you might enjoy it. :roll:

Amy

Postby Char on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Ok, Khamalama~ I really like your second post answer; I realised the first was not meant to be serious~ but that was my point, methinks Laura was asking a serious question.

Laura~ I think our culture encourages both genders to continue to believe that women need rescuing. How many movies do you watch where the woman rescues the bloke? how many fairy tales and kids shows have women as the rescuer? How many magazine covers portray women as saying with their body "I am strong willed, vibrant and capable" as opposed to "I am sexy" or "come f**ck me", vice versa how many covers show men giving these two messages? How many advertisments continue to use male characters for reliability, strength, endurance etc? How much of our language associates women with "not knowing what they want/talking about" and men with "being the leader/boys club or big brother BS we'll take care of you" mentality.

I went on a date two weeks ago. I made it clear we were going in different directions (he wanted exclusive relationship I want the bachelorette lifestyle at the moment); he agreed to cultivate a friendship. It became clear thorugh conversation and his texts that he thought I needed rescuing~ that I was afraid of something and he set himself up as my knight~ so already I do not feel listened to. He pushes and pushes to meet again~ I tell him this is not appreciated. When I do phone him to meet at a pub for a casual catch up his behaviour is one of a***hole, so I'm like such behaviour is not what I want in a friend, cya later.

That I refused to accept the role/label of rescuee I was retaliated against with pathetic bullying tactics to push me into accepting his worldview. He is incredibly lonely, can't understand why his wife left him and obviously did not make the effort to meet other women while "befriending" me, thus becoming overly emotionally committed. He felt justified in doing this becasue he felt that a woman needs rescuing.

Char

Postby Steve on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:48 am

And what's wrong with YOU doing the cooking??? .....

I don't mind cooking, I enjoy my food!

and i'm not slapping coz you might enjoy it. :roll:
lol

Sounds by this thread there are some blokes who need rescuing, I'm shocked at the way they are treating people, sounds they have there own issues and have not dealt with them and are using the other one to take out on. But this works also both ways. What I say is deal with yourself and move on, don't burden someone lifes too short!!

Steve

Postby Laura on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks Bobby,

I wish I knew more guys like you two. They need some help in the communication department.

As long as were on it. Do you think you or guys seem to communicate better by writing or telephone rather than in person? It seems to be something I run into often.

Laura

Postby Karmallama on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Personally I think I communicate better in writing. I don't tend to talk a lot in person really. Unless you're a certain type of person - I don't know what that type is, or how I identify them, but certain people can't shut me up. It's weird.

Karmallama

Postby Laura on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:17 pm

Okay so a giant "slap" on the cooking thing already. I would have an apron on you in no time, and ready to place my order! (Kidding)

All of you,

For real, looking for answers. Or at least info to make conclusions. Why would you be able to speak to someone on line or over the phone easily and be lets say, fumbling for words in person.

I can't immagine any of you that way?

I rarely come across someone that sets me back and hardly ever have a lack of words. You all seem the same. You know what you think, who you are, what your about and what you want. (for the most part) . So try this.

If I met you would you have nothing to say? I must qualify, it is a real photo. No surprises.

And yes without spell check my vocabulary far exceeds my spelling ability. (sorry)

Laura

Postby Karmallama on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm not fumbling for words in person, I just aren't as talkative because people ten to do more 'normal' conversations.

If you came to me out of the blue and asked me the initial question of this thread, I'd give an opinion and talk as I have on here. I'm better with random conversations and talking crap. But normally when you meet people in person they ask crap things like "How are you?"; "What do yo do for a living?"; "Do you come here often?" or something along those lines. I'm not great at the small talk and asking if someone's going on holiday this year or not, so I try to keep it to bad jokes, random facts, observations or questions to do with the things they say to me.

Karmallama

Postby Steve on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:50 am

I would say that everyone on hear probably would not fumble for words, we would not spend any time on here if we did not like to communicate.

Steve

Previous

Post a reply

Return to Ask a Guy