Register for a freehookup.dating Account
community help signup login

FreeHookup Dating Community

Is it possible for a man to love 2 women at the same time?

Moderator: Anne

Forum rules
For your and everybody else's safety, you should not provide contact information on the forum. Violators of this rule could be banned from the community and using FreeHookup. Please click on a person's name or photo to send them a message via FreeHookup.
Post a reply

Is it possible for a man to love 2 women at the same time?

Postby Anneliza 138 days, 5 hours ago

I have a friend whose husband recently took a second wife which is allowable in the muslim religion. Her husband claims that he loves both her and the other woman, but it's different love as they both have different personalities.

I don't buy it and i was wondering whether this is really possible. My friend has asked me for advise and being a woman, I think it is never possible...

But other friends who have had friends in the same situation say that it is possible for a man... I don't know what to advise my friend as I just want her to be happy... help!

Anneliza

Re: Is it possible for a man to love 2 women at the same time?

Postby Nuke 137 days, 23 hours ago

lol happiness is pretty relative. A large factor governing happiness is social pressure and customs. Liberal societies don't frown upon certain things which conservative societies feel taboo and vice versa. In each of these societies people are happy as they fit in and hence don't see anything wrong in their social customs. Problem comes when people of different backgrounds try and fit in or change their friends as per their beliefs. If ur friend is from a society which has a tradition of multiple wives then you should support her in whatever her decision, after all its her choice and she has to weigh many things on her mind including her family. I am sure she is aware of the concept of monogamy and its pros else you can educate her. But trying to force her to believe something just because you feel it is right, isn't the way about it. Its her personal choice and it may seem weird to someone of a different background, but then hey.. thats why we are all different.
p.s- I dont support polygamy, just giving you a rational view, hope it helps

Nuke

Postby Chris 136 days, 18 hours ago

>>

I'm sorry; I didn't read the whole question. As I said it is possible for that to happen, and if it's allowable, as in this case, it's convenient. I wouldn't do it because as they say, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", to say nothing of two. I have a hard enough time dealing with one angry woman.

Chris

Postby Anneliza 135 days, 15 hours ago

Thanks for your answers. Yes, I guess it's society and norms that dictate but it's also how a person is. My friend is in a quandry. I guess part of her wants to keep the family intact and another part is trying to maintain her self-confidence + self-esteem. She's had to battle her emotions, self-worth and to re-build her life. It's hard to figure out what is the right thing to do in this kind of situation. I guess as long as she's happy, any decision she makes i.e. to stay or leave, is the right one.

Anneliza

Postby LA 134 days, 20 hours ago

i am muslim and thought i would share a little since i am also american born andraised and conveted 13 years ago.....in the religion a man is allowed to marry again if...and only if he can treat the women the same.....i cant treat my kids the same...this is a test upon him and is actullay not practiced often except in cases when a woman loses her first husband by death/diseases....and needs help taking care of the family, then it becomes like an kinda act of charity.......this is one of the biggest misconceptions and misrepresented points in islam........its kinda like u cant have your cake and it it too.......but i have seen it, many times since i lived in middle east for some time also......it is possible, but yourfriends has rights.....this man has to treat them as the same....if one gets a house, so does the other.....if one gets gold....so does the other...get the point, and if he cant treat them the same then she has the right for divorce.......divorce is frowned upon but possible, i did it i an islamic country and got custody of my kids....anyway.....if your friend is muslim then she should know her rights and if not, find someone to educate her.....best of luck

LA

Postby Shaun 133 days, 4 hours ago

hmm... good question!

The christian inside me believes marriage is a special bond shared between a couple. However, the depressing scientist in me believes love is actually a chemical released designed to attract two humans as mates long enough for their child to reach a mature age. So to share this with more than one person is entirely possible.

But hey, I'm 22 so what do I know about love and marriage! :P

Either way, cheating is cheating. I guarantee he'd hated it with every inch of his soul should of one of his wives (were they allowed) take up a 2nd husband!

Shaun

Postby Anneliza 120 days, 17 hours ago

LA, Thank you for your answer. I have always found your comments to be practical. I guess, even though a man can love more than 1 woman, his feelings cannot be equal. Even the prophet admitted that he can be fair with everything that is tangible but the feelings and emotions is something beyond our control. I guess, I will just need to be there for her and support whatever she feels like doing - to stay or leave - as long as she's happy.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Anneliza

Postby Crafty 45 days, 23 hours ago

How can a man love more than one woman at the same time? There is no such thing. You only love 1 person. I say people that are with more than one person at the same time is a cheater. I know I couldn't. A man might like more than one woman at the same time, but loving more than one I find hard to believe.

Crafty

Postby Phil 41 days, 4 hours ago

He can love a lot of women like a woman can love a lot of men. It is human nature. Is it wrong? YES

Phil

Postby John 40 days, 9 hours ago

Crafty wrote:How can a man love more than one woman at the same time? There is no such thing. You only love 1 person. I say people that are with more than one person at the same time is a cheater. I know I couldn't. A man might like more than one woman at the same time, but loving more than one I find hard to believe.

Have you had more than one boyfriend over time? Did you love each one of them at the time? So you still love them even now in some way? Why is it so hard to believe that a person can love more than one person at the same time?

John

Next

Post a reply

Return to Ask a Guy