Register for a freehookup.dating Account
community help signup login

FreeHookup Dating Community

why do women put an emphasis on height

Moderator: Anne

Post a reply

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Lozzy 3 days, 15 hours ago

Mikki wrote:---.


If its any consolation, your a very beautiful young lady, and your interests suit me perfectly, if it wasn't for the 4500 miles between us i'd ask you out ;)

P.S. i don't know about other men, but a generous figure is what its all about... ive been out with 1 rake in my life and it was not nearly as fruity as a girl you can sink you teeth into :P

Lozzy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 8 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Jason 3 days, 13 hours ago

Mikki wrote:Thanks to everyone who stood up for me! Wow!! But it's ok, what he thinks of me doesn't matter.

See, my point is, yes, I could be anorexic and lose a bunch of weight and be "skinny." But I wouldn't be happy. There are people in this world who love me as I am, so I am patiently waiting because the right man won't care if I am a size 10 or a size 20. He will love me for my essence, not its container. The same thing applies to your height.

It's funny how the phrase "generous figure" turned into "overweight." For the record, you don't know how big or small I am. You assumed that "generous" meant fat. I was giving an honest answer, and well, you made an ass of yourself.

Good job!

P.S. If you didn't read the awesome post by Loz, read it. Absorb it. Use it.


First of all, read my qoute again! The word overweight was never used, nor fat, nor generous figure. All I said was that comparing height to weight was an unfare comparison because weight can be changed and not height. Read more carefully everyone, stop misqouteing and interpret what u read better, thanks to "Jocelynn".

Jason
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 34 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Jason 3 days, 13 hours ago

I hear you, but, one thing, I cant change my height, but you can change your weight!

How very insensitive


It has nothing to to with being sensitive, it is reality!

Seriously though that is truely insensitive and NO ONE deserves to be treated like that. Have you ever thought of how it feels to be in a person's shoes that are overweight?? What goes around comes around. I hope that many women see this post and see what kind of man you really are!
Jocelynne

Posts: 271
Joined: 13 days, 11 hours ago
E-mail Top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jocelynn,

Yes, I have been overweight. That is why I run 15+ miles a week, beleive me, I know how it feels. I simply made an opinionated statement that nobody has too like, but they need to respect it. Point is, you are being insensitive to my simple comparison comment, just look in the mirror and there are 3 fingers pointing back at you. Do you know me, think not, so dont be so closed minded thinking people will see the kind of man I am, look at yourself, "Ms. Judgemental". "Thou who has not sinned shall cast the first stone", remember that, it will help you dearly through life. Be more open minded and careful interpreting things people say and stop acting like you are the local "politically correct policewoman" that nobody wants to be around. The people on this forum dont need your force feeding us with your left wing extremeist views and trying to cause problems on here.

Jason
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 34 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Lozzy 3 days, 12 hours ago

Jason wrote:Dear Jocelynn,
Good start...
Jason wrote:Yes, I have been overweight. That is why I run 15+ miles a week, beleive me, I know how it feels. I simply made an *opinionated* statement that nobody has too like, but they need to respect it.

–adjective OPINIONATED
obstinate or conceited with regard to the merit of one's own opinions; conceitedly dogmatic.

Sounds about right, this is not going to help a 5.7" short gentlemen get a date, especially when declaring it on a on-line social forum with that very intention.
Jason wrote:Point is, you are being insensitive to my simple comparison comment, just look in the mirror and there are 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Obstinate midget with no social skills in your mirror???
Jason wrote:Do you know me, think not, so dont be so closed minded thinking people will see the kind of man I am, look at yourself, "Ms. Judgemental". "Thou who has not sinned shall cast the first stone", remember that, it will help you dearly through life.

All anyone has to go by via the internet is their on-line persona, basing judgements on those alone is the only objective way to get to know someone. You sir have failed in making a good impression in this thread, although having not read any more of your posts the jury is still out on weather your a total loss to the opposite sex.
Jason wrote:Be more open minded and careful interpreting things people say and stop acting like you are the local "politically correct policewoman" that nobody wants to be around.

Remember this??...
Mikki wrote:It's funny how the phrase "generous figure" turned into "overweight." For the record, you don't know how big or small I am. You assumed that "generous" meant fat.
Your statement smacks of hypocrisy, unless irony was what you was aiming for, in which case hats off to you sir, you sure fooled us!
Jason wrote:The people on this forum dont need your force feeding us with your left wing extremeist views and trying to cause problems on here.

As a representative of "the people on this forum" do you not feel that being a retard and being called out for it and not having a single person stick up for your ... "obstinate or conceited" opinions suggests that you have maybe overstepped your right to make this statement?

The "left wing extremist" (spelling corrected for your benefit) comment is an example where you are dragging something completely unrelated into your argument in order to pad your words out with something that may suggest you know something about politics and the generic opinions of the left.

Being sensitive and concious of other peoples feelings...

... acctually understanding what someone has written and not jumped to conclusions about weight and their unhappiness with it....

... and having the balls to call you out for being a flaming moron in your own thread is not a typical trait of the average "left wing extremist"... its a trait of a decent human being.

Whatever political ideology you may fall within, I'd think about what kind of person you are and how you want to be remembered.

Have a go at arguing "rationale" with me mate... :ugeek:

Lozzy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 8 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Go Karl Marx!

Postby Evan 3 days, 10 hours ago

Um, Jason, just playing Devil's Advocate, but if we are all left-wing extremists because saying that "generous" women need to lose weight is a "liberal" thing to do (which it's not... the father left you go, the bigger hippies we become -- and I'm Exhibit-- and hippies are all about love for yourself in addition to love for others), you are missing out on a great opportunity. You could have said something along the lines of "Jeez, guys, why are you picking a fight? I was overweight and I lost it, so now I just have my height to worry about. I was not trying to be insensitive and you know exactly as much about me as I know about you..." because the way you sounded, it was very rude. And, again, for the record, left-wing extremists are Socialists or Communists, so I guess the title makes sense?

Evan
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 22 days, 16 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Jason 3 days, 10 hours ago

Lozzy, i appreciate your passion, but its directed in the wrong direction. All that was said was less than 20 words, and now I have extremists(thanks for the spelling cue, but you have many too work on also) blowing a simple statement out of proportion. Now a few people want to jump on my back because they cant face a true statement. Come on now, quit crying and deal with reality!

Jason
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 34 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Lozzy 3 days, 10 hours ago

Jason wrote:(thanks for the spelling cue, but you have many too work on also)


I'm English man, I speak English and write English, not the bastardized American English... please point out my spelling errors as there are zero from my count ;)

Lozzy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 8 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Evan 3 days, 10 hours ago

Jason wrote:Lozzy, i appreciate your passion, but its directed in the wrong direction. All that was said was less than 20 words, and now I have extremistsSPACE(thanks for the spelling cue, but you have many too TOwork on THAT also) blowing a simple statement out of proportion. Now a few people want to jump on my back because they cantCAN'T face a true statement. Come on now,SEMI-COLON quit crying and deal with reality!

Much better, you ignorant son-of-a-Republican!

Evan
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 22 days, 16 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Lozzy 3 days, 10 hours ago

Jason wrote:Now a few people want to jump on my back because they cant face a true statement. Come on now, quit crying and deal with reality!


Your point of weight being something that can be done about is true, however the fact that the woman in question is fine with her weight and its you suggesting that there is a problem means your antagonising a situation and forcing your opinion on her in a negative light, only made worse by defending yourself and not apologising for making a stupid statement in the first place.

Now, if truth be known, a haircut fitting Superman and a pooch the same as my elderly Grandmother would own sitting almost as tall as you in your picture is not exactly fetching.

Lozzy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 8 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Re: why do women put an emphasis on height

Postby Jason 3 days, 2 hours ago

Lozzy wrote:
Jason wrote:(thanks for the spelling cue, but you have many too work on also)


I'm English man, I speak English and write English, not the bastardized American English... please point out my spelling errors as there are zero from my count ;)


First of all, those terms to describe me are uncalled for, and shows me you are either ignorant or from a lowered class status. If you want to debate me, then fine, but do it in a mature manner. Spelling errors from Mr. I don't do anything wrong: 1. Concious--conscious. 2. Acctually--actually. 3. Weather--(ok, maybe its raining where u r at so maybe I will give you the benefit of the doubt)--whether

I understand Lozzy, that you have a hard time interpreting less than 20 words of my original "bastardized"(whatever that means) English statement, but you should really carefully read over yours because it makes you sound like an angry "Englishman". And yes, you do make mistakes spelling, so b4 you call anyone out on how great your spelling is, double check it or else making a bold statement like that makes you look ignorant.

Jason
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 34 days, 3 hours ago
Top

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to Ask a Girl