Register for a freehookup.dating Account
community help signup login

FreeHookup Dating Community

just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Post a reply

just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby jeremy david 28 days, 20 hours ago

Feel like everytime I am actually myself, the honest, sweet, somewhat old fashion type, polite, open doors, and buy flowers for first dates, yeah well, wouldn't be asking why if it was working? I can be a bad boy, I would rather be me, not play games, and it doesn't really seem to work out so well. Not overly sensitive, just a nice guy. Can't figure it out.

jeremy david
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 65 days, 10 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby Harley Gurl 28 days, 20 hours ago

Maybe your to nice, anymore the girls today don't appreciate when someone is nice to them, they would rather be treated like crap, I don't understand it myself and I'm a girl i think it's just the way society is today, theirs no good old fashion girls out there anymore, well I'm wrong there is one myself. Hopefully this helped alittle.

Harley Gurl
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 days, 3 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby Redcapote 28 days, 11 hours ago

I know this is the Ask A Girl forum, but if you'll permit me to step in for a moment and provide some male perspective on the very things you are anguishing over that I used to anguish over, but have solved for myself.

When I open a door for a woman, it's not necessarily for her, as much as it is a quick reminder to myself that I hold my own standard, above the rest. If she doesn't give so much as a thank you, that's okay, because it wasn't the thank you I was looking for. I've thanked myself already. Yours is icing on the cake. Give me a smile too? Oh aren't you confident? ;)

When I buy flowers for a woman on the first date, it is a thank you for the opportunity to enjoy her possible greatness, not a subtle solicitation for anything more. If she returns the favor with a second date and a similar gesture for you, then you know she reciprocates the good manners.

When I am honest with a woman and tell her she looks breath-taking in that dress, I am giving thanks to God for the beauty he creates, and has allowed me to admire. If she wants to prove that God was a better designer than the seamstress in Thailand, and wants to show you all that is underneath, who am I to refuse the Lord?

:D

Redcapote
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 33 days, 11 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby Elma 28 days, 11 hours ago

Harley Gurl wrote:Maybe your to nice, anymore the girls today don't appreciate when someone is nice to them, they would rather be treated like crap, I don't understand it myself and I'm a girl i think it's just the way society is today, theirs no good old fashion girls out there anymore, well I'm wrong there is one myself. Hopefully this helped alittle.

Not the only one out there...we are at least two then ;)
I got to admit that dating isn´t very interesting anymore, it´s a nasty game witch i don´t want to play....some people might ask why i´m here then, the answer would be to chat, have fun and learn thro others.
Dating scares me now a days, not knowing what you can expect from the other person and so on.

Elma
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 63 days, 5 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby Lj 27 days, 2 hours ago

from my understanding, a man needs to be manly. not a complete asshole, but not such a wuss that your partner beings to question whether or not her significant other is truly of the opposite sex. I once had a girlfriend who I treated too special. Around friends I would be myself, but around her I become... well... whipped. We broke up shortly after. Treat your woman as if she were just one of the guys, or just any of the ladies you are friends with. You'll attract far more attention than you'd expect.

Lj
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 28 days, 23 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby Jess 26 days, 9 hours ago

Reading through some of the posts on here does make me relise men dont get women and women dont get men. :lol:
But really women do like a sweet man its just that sometimes sweet men who are nice are sometimes creepy like the ones in clubs who use the worst chat up lines known to man , but just be yourself and dont worry because women like a man who goes along with it you know well i do haha I am only 18 and this may not help at all but just go with it okay ! lol xxx

Jess
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 days, 9 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby JohnW 26 days, 8 hours ago

Jess wrote:Reading through some of the posts on here does make me relise men dont get women and women dont get men. :lol:
But really women do like a sweet man its just that sometimes sweet men who are nice are sometimes creepy like the ones in clubs who use the worst chat up lines known to man , but just be yourself and dont worry because women like a man who goes along with it you know well i do haha I am only 18 and this may not help at all but just go with it okay ! lol xxx


:lol::lol::lol::lol:"the ones in clubs who use the worst chat up lines known to man" that's a good one, thank you I needed a good laugh! :D

JohnW
 
Posts: 901
Joined: 52 days, 20 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby Dino 26 days, 7 hours ago

Just be FUN. All I can say :)Doesn't mean you have to be an ass to be fun. Tho, being just a bit of an ass goes a long way :lol:

Dino
 
Posts: 130
Joined: 161 days, 19 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby David 6 days, 10 hours ago

Might work but i wouldnt recommend it. I beleive in god and id rather be single with a clear conciounce (cant spell the word but you know which one im looking for) then a bad boy and feel guilty with myself. Is it fair on the "victims" to be "used" or mistreated in order to "get the girl", would you like to be in their position? I know i wouldn't! Even if the only "victim" is the girl her self could you live wth yourself knowing you only "pulled" her because of the way you behaved and in a negative way at that? Could you beleiv her if she said "i love you" if you knew it was only because youd become something you werent? No you'd be miserable it would backfire!
The last poster is quite right i agree you need to be fun the snag is (to take myself as an example) i can be fun when i want to be but it doesnt seem to make much difference since it always seems to be the "wrong type" of fun! Ive never met a girl that likes "my" type of fun only a type of fun that is anything but "fun" to me!

David
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 59 days, 9 hours ago
Top

Re: just being honest! do I need to actually be a bad boy?

Postby Sparkles 6 days, 4 hours ago

Redcapote wrote:I know this is the Ask A Girl forum, but if you'll permit me to step in for a moment and provide some male perspective on the very things you are anguishing over that I used to anguish over, but have solved for myself.

When I open a door for a woman, it's not necessarily for her, as much as it is a quick reminder to myself that I hold my own standard, above the rest. If she doesn't give so much as a thank you, that's okay, because it wasn't the thank you I was looking for. I've thanked myself already. Yours is icing on the cake. Give me a smile too? Oh aren't you confident? ;)

When I buy flowers for a woman on the first date, it is a thank you for the opportunity to enjoy her possible greatness, not a subtle solicitation for anything more. If she returns the favor with a second date and a similar gesture for you, then you know she reciprocates the good manners.

When I am honest with a woman and tell her she looks breath-taking in that dress, I am giving thanks to God for the beauty he creates, and has allowed me to admire. If she wants to prove that God was a better designer than the seamstress in Thailand, and wants to show you all that is underneath, who am I to refuse the Lord?

:D



Where the hell have you been all of my life love. :)


Sparkles.

Nice one I like yer philosophy on life and women. ;)

Sparkles
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: 93 days, 7 hours ago
Top


Post a reply

Return to Ask a Girl